Dust masks for woodworking use in the environment smoky, toxic gases. After each use, it will accumulate many harmful elements. Therefore, you not only wear them correctly, but hygiene is also essential. If not, those factors will cause the air filter of the mask to be reduced, affecting health.
How to wear, store and check the respirator
To wear the woodworking dust mask effectively, you must follow the instructions for using the gas mask in 3 steps:
Step 1: How to use a woodworking dust mask
• Clean the beard before wearing a mask. Because the beard can prevent the contact of the cover and the face. Keep the gas mask from sticking to the front and create openings for the poisonous gas to enter, leaving users at risk.
• Eliminate jewelry and hats. Jewelry such as earrings and caps, such as hats or scarves, can prevent the respirator when adequately sealed. Before putting on the gas mask, remove any jewelry or headwear that might stick to the place where the cover is locked.
• Read the instructions for using the respirator. Currently, there are many different types of gas masks. Therefore, to ensure proper use of the covers and filters supplied by the manufacturer, you must ensure that you read the instructions carefully before use. If you have any questions or feel uncomfortable when wearing, you should call or email to the place of sale or production for thorough advice, that’s what you should do.
• Use straps to wear respirators properly. Gas masks protect the user’s head with a belt. Place the cover on the face, adjusting the straps until the gas mask firmly mounts on the front.
• Breathe normally. Gas masks protect you from contaminants by filtering chemicals and other dangerous substances. Once you wear the gas mask, breathe normally. The contaminant will be removed from the air as it passes through the filter.
• Talk while wearing a gas mask. You may not be able to talk while wearing a mask. But when using a gas mask, there will be some types that have a vent so you can speak usually. To be sure, you should read the user manual before using or contacting the manufacturer.
Step 2: Buy and check the quality of the toxic room
• Choose the right type of gas mask. Gas masks can protect you from various pollutants in the atmosphere, depending on the type of contaminant. Some gas masks only protect against biological substances, while others protect you from chemicals. Buying a gas mask has been approved by a reputable government agency to protect against specific hazards.
• Buy the right filter. A gas filter is only useful if the proper filter use. You will need a different filter for each type of threat you may face. There is no one size fits all filters. For example, if you meet the risk of a chemical attack from chlorine gas, you will need a special filter manufactured to filter chlorine gas from the air. If you also face a threat from tear gas, you will need a filter created specifically for tear gas.
• Check the woodworking dust mask. To make sure the respirator mask works properly, you will need to test it. If you receive your respirator from an employer or other organization, you should protect them and check them first to make sure they are working correctly. If you buy a ventilator for personal needs, contact the manufacturer about how to check for ventilators at home.
Step 3: Make sure your gas mask is in its best state
• Store the respirator according to the manufacturer’s instructions. It is essential always to keep gas masks adequately stored. Consult the manufacturer of the ventilator and ask how to save it. Try to keep the cover in an airtight container, placing it in a cool, dry, dark place like a closet.
• Always check the toxic air filter. Check the expiration date on your screen regularly. If a screen has expired, remove it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You should also make sure to buy the filters you may need, depending on the potential threats in your area.
• Check gas masks regularly. You should check the gas mask once a month to ensure that the materials do not degrade. Check for seals on gas masks and look for cracks or signs of perforation. If you notice any cracks in the woodworking dust mask’s material, you should have it checked by a specialist. In case of any risk or uncertainty about its use in potentially hazardous environments.
How to clean the gas mask
There are currently three types of bonus masks used: full face masks, half-face masks, and disposable types. Among them, disposable masks, we do not need hygiene. Because you will only use once and have to leave. The remaining two models, the cleaning is entirely similar.
The process must go through the following steps:
Step 1: Wash your hands thoroughly with soap
It is a crucial step, but many people overlook it. You need to do this to make sure that the cleaning process does not cause foreign objects or dirt to stick to the mask.
Step 2: Remove the filter from the mask
It should be done very meticulously, carefully; otherwise, it may cause damage. You need to read the user manual to remove it properly. If not, consult the address provided to avoid damaging the mask during removal.
Step 3: Conduct hygiene
After the disassembly step, we will proceed with the cleaning. First, soak the mask in water mixed with a little soap. Wait for a while and then wipe it off with a clean towel or a sponge. As for the filter, if you see they have any unusual signs, you should replace it immediately. Because otherwise, it will affect the breathing of people using them.
Step 4: Let dry
After soaking and cleaning with a towel in the previous step, you need to let the mask part dry. To do this, wipe off a clean, dry cloth or leave in a cool place. Do not dry using heat or in the sun.
Step 5: Reinstall
Part of the gas mask has dried, you need to insert the filter is done. Note, need to check whether the standard offline!
Step 6: Preservation
After the cleaning process finish, you need to store it according to the instructions to minimize damage.
Cleaning the gas mask is essential. This work needs to conduct regularly and periodically. Because only that way will help them always in the best state, making the protective effect more assured.
“Safe to produce, production must be safe” is the common slogan in the works, businesses, production, and business facilities. To ensure health, everyone should find yourself the best dust mask for woodworking. Uniquely, each user should equip themselves with the necessary knowledge about the use and maintenance of their protective equipment.